Alexander Z. Rivkin M.D. is a Yale trained facial cosmetic surgeon and UCLA faculty member who has focused his practice exclusively on providing his patients with the latest in non-invasive, non-ablative cosmetic treatments in Southern California. He understands that no one relishes the thought of “going under the knife,” and believes modern medical technology can provide today's patients with superior alternatives to invasive, painful surgery that requires a long recovery time.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Radiesse and Face Lifts

Dear Dr. Rivkin,

I got Radiesse in my mid face four months ago to relief the nasabial folds.
The effect has not yet worn off. I heard it last 1-2 years.
But now I inherited money and want a midface lift and permanent fat grafting to my mid face.
Can a plastic surgeon remove the Radiesse from my face or do I have to wait till it has worn off?
In other words: how long do I have to wait till I can get a real mid face lift or cheek lift surgery?
I am afraid that if the Radiesse is still in my face when the PS does the surgery that he might not lift the area where the Radiesse is in and then the face will suck when the Raddiesse wears off 6 months later...

Thanks you for answering.


hi
i agree with you - i would wait until the radiesse wears off before going for a surgical lift. unfortunately, there is no way to take it out. your best bet is to wait about a year after the procedure was done.
hope that helps

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Westside Medical Spa