Alexander Z. Rivkin M.D. is a Yale trained facial cosmetic surgeon and UCLA faculty member who has focused his practice exclusively on providing his patients with the latest in non-invasive, non-ablative cosmetic treatments in Southern California. He understands that no one relishes the thought of “going under the knife,” and believes modern medical technology can provide today's patients with superior alternatives to invasive, painful surgery that requires a long recovery time.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Radiesse Too Deep?

Hi Dr. Rivkin,

I've seen several people (doctors/injectors) on various sites post that if Radiesse is injected too deeply it doesn't last long at all or could migrate. Is this true? I thought it was supposed to be injected deeply. Can an injector really control the level they inject within the deep or subdermal layers?

I've felt that Radiesse in N/L folds either migrates or doesn't last a week, but my injector (MD) has said said that this is unlikely given that it's injected so deeply (which seems the opposite of what these other people are posting). If I can feel the radiesse from the inside of my mouth with my tongue after the swelling has gone, does that mean it's injected too deeply?

I'm so frustrated that nothing works on my N/L folds--and they're really not that deep. I've tried Radiesse and Restylane with one doc and Juvederm ultra plus with another. It seemed like Restyl. worked the best (maybe b/c it's injected least deep?) but still didn't diminish them much--and I'm not looking for 100% correction...

Any help/suggestions you can give would be much appreciated! Thanks very much!


hi,
I disagree with the concept of radiesse disappearing or migrating if injected too deep. I place radiesse on the bone when I do cheek injections, and it lasts a good amount of time and does not migrate.
In terms of the nasolabial folds, it is tough to tell what the problem is without seeing you, but if the folds are not that deep, I like juvederm alot. Frequently, patients will come in and request nasolabial fold filling, but I will steer them toward filling the front of the cheek instead. It works very well to give a perception of lifting the midface and de-emphasizes the nasolabial folds. You may want to try that.
hope that helps

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Westside Medical Spa