Alexander Z. Rivkin M.D. is a Yale trained facial cosmetic surgeon and UCLA faculty member who has focused his practice exclusively on providing his patients with the latest in non-invasive, non-ablative cosmetic treatments in Southern California. He understands that no one relishes the thought of “going under the knife,” and believes modern medical technology can provide today's patients with superior alternatives to invasive, painful surgery that requires a long recovery time.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Artefill Injection Rhinoplasty

Hi Dr. Rivkin.
I too read some of the risks of using artefill. I have heard that since aretefill is fairly new, some doctors will not use it until they can see the long term effects (5-10 years down the line).
I have heard some people having great results with you with the semi-permanent fillers for their non surgical nose job. I had a rhinoplasty done, and although I like my results, there are a few minor changes I would like to make in the areas close to the tip. I as considering artefill to achieve permanent results.

Just a few questions:
Do you still use artefill for the non surgical nose job?
Over how many patients have you used aretefill on for the non surgical nose job?
Are they really permanent, or only permanent for up to 5-10 years. (If they do last only 5-10 years.. that means they do eventually dissolve correct?)
Will aretefill migrate?
If I don't like the result, what can be done to remove/correct this?
What is the price range for this procedure?

Thank you in advance for your help!


hi,
yes, i use artefill with a great success rate for the non surgical nose job procedure. the only trouble is that people have to come in for multiple touch up procedure, as the artefill does tend to settle down after the injection.
i have done about 100 artefill nose procedures and everyhting has gone really well - the only frustration has been the multiple (3 to 5) touch ups needed before permanent results are achieved.
the material does not dissolve, so the results should really be permanent. i do not think that it is a 5 year procedure, but i can't tell you for sure that you would not need a small touch up after a few years. however, i have not had to do these long term touch ups and i've been using artefill for 3 years now.
artefill will not migrate.
$2000 - no charge for touch ups.
hope that helps,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mr. Rivkin,

I am considering to do the non-surgical noise job. However, I am having hives. I have been taking allergy medicine for a week and it seemed worked. I am getting better. so my question is can I do it right now? or should I wait until I completly recovered from my allergy. I just don't know how long it will take for me to completely recovered.

Have you heard anyone who has allergic reaction after the job? I mean the radiasse.

thanks
jade

May 16, 2009 at 7:15 PM

 
Blogger Dr. Alexander Rivkin said...

hi jade
if you're going to have the procedure done using artefill, you have to have a skin test and make sure that you are not allergic to collagen. if its radiesse, i have not seen allergic reactions to that. however, you should really wait until your hives have resolved. if they are resolving, it should not take long. the other thing is to figure out why you got hives in the first place and what you are reacting to.

May 17, 2009 at 11:41 AM

 
Blogger Roy said...

Hi Dr. Rivkin:

I have never had nose-job before. I have read a lot about your nonsurgical nosejob with Artefill and considering to the non-surgical nose job with Artfill. I live in New York. Since your practice is in CA, how long will it take for the procedure if I come to CA. I can't go to and from and can stay only may be for week. Can i take the artfille allergy test here in NY to save time? I am an Indian and my nose has slight depression in middle as bone is broad and I seek to have a slim nose.

February 27, 2010 at 2:34 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Dr,

I would love to get a nose job for the bump in my nose. I would be so excited if it was non surgical! My question is this: can you reduce the bump(sides,top) or does the procedure just alter the appearance of one? Can a artefill give me the concave look for my nose??

April 15, 2010 at 11:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Westside Medical Spa