Alexander Z. Rivkin M.D. is a Yale trained facial cosmetic surgeon and UCLA faculty member who has focused his practice exclusively on providing his patients with the latest in non-invasive, non-ablative cosmetic treatments in Southern California. He understands that no one relishes the thought of “going under the knife,” and believes modern medical technology can provide today's patients with superior alternatives to invasive, painful surgery that requires a long recovery time.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Rosacea, Fine Lines and Skin Tightening

Hi, I'm 45 years old, the clinic I go to has recommended 3 treatments because I have complained about slight rosacea, vertical lines on cheeks and above lip and some loose skin on the lower sides of my cheeks and chin..................
the machine they use is called Fractional Non-Ablative Skin Resurfacing with the Palomar Starlux System, the treatments are $900.00 a piece.
Would this help these problems, is it worth the expense....Would 3 treatments do it?
Thanks so much.


Although I don't have this device, I do have the Starlux. I have been happy with the Fraxel Fractional Laser, however, I am somewhat skeptical that a fractional device will help you with rosacea and skin tightening. Honestly, I have a hard enough time seeing good results with Thermage (whose very purpose is skin tightening!). I simply don't think that this device will do all three things. It's an Erbium laser, which is good for helping the fine lines a bit, but I don't think that it's powerful enough to make that much of a difference. In my opinion, IPL/photofacial would be a better modality for your rosacea.

Make sure that you speak to a doctor at the clinic - if you're going to shell out that kind of money, you want an MD telling you that yes, this is the right procedure for you.

For the best results, I would target treatments, offering IPL for the rosacea, Thermage for the skin tightening and Juvederm for the lines. Sometimes one size does not fit all!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Westside Medical Spa