Alexander Z. Rivkin M.D. is a Yale trained facial cosmetic surgeon and UCLA faculty member who has focused his practice exclusively on providing his patients with the latest in non-invasive, non-ablative cosmetic treatments in Southern California. He understands that no one relishes the thought of “going under the knife,” and believes modern medical technology can provide today's patients with superior alternatives to invasive, painful surgery that requires a long recovery time.

Monday, July 28, 2008

Kenalog Dent

About 3 months ago I had kenalog injected into my TT scar and also lasered (whisper). 1 month ago I had my second laser treatment. Last night I noticed a dent near my scar and the skin looks thinner there. I say thinner because I can really see alot of veins I didn't see before.
Googling this brings me to the kenalog? Is there anything that can be done to stop the dent from getting worse or fixing it?
I plan on calling my PS Monday but this is just really bothering me!
Thanks!
Melissa



Hi Melissa,
The dent is not going to be a major problem. It does sometimes happen from kenalog injection, but its easy to fill it in. It generally will not get worse and worse. It just happens and then either improves on its own, or we fill it in. Once it is filled in, collagen stimulation happens and we usually do not have to fill it in a second time.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Westside Medical Spa