Alexander Z. Rivkin M.D. is a Yale trained facial cosmetic surgeon and UCLA faculty member who has focused his practice exclusively on providing his patients with the latest in non-invasive, non-ablative cosmetic treatments in Southern California. He understands that no one relishes the thought of “going under the knife,” and believes modern medical technology can provide today's patients with superior alternatives to invasive, painful surgery that requires a long recovery time.

Friday, July 18, 2008

Radiesse in the Tear Troughs

Dr. Rivkin

The middle of this past May '08, I had injections in/under my eye hollows with Radiesse. I had a lot of bruising and swelling, but was told that this would go away, some of the bruises were very deep and purple and lasted nearly two weeks. But, they DID go away.

the end of the second week, I began to swell in a different way all under my eyes, on top of the cheek bone, and got weird discoloration at the sight of the injection. A brownish/reddish color. I went to the Dr. who did the injection and was given a prescription for oral steroids, as well as an antibiotic.

The swelling went away, but even now, mid July the discoloation is there and I need makeup to cover it...it is very noticeable..

do you have any solutions, adivce, or thoughts? what could this be?

thanks so much for you time

-pepper



Hi Pepper,
This is one of the reasons that i do not use radiesse under the eyes. I think this is pigment deposited as a result of prolonged bruising. I'm not sure how to make it resolve. Perhaps hydroquinone cream? I use 8%, but it doesn't always work. steroid injections are also a possibility - I would start with kenalog 10.
Hope that helps


http://www.westsidemedicalspa.com/radiesse.html
http://www.westsidemedicalspa.com/non_surgical_bleph.html

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. Rivkin,

I have had four injections of Restalyne in my tear trough area in four months. I started out with less than 1cc for both areas. By month four, I had used 2cc. I had multiple injections because I noticed asymmetry and I wanted to correct it. Here's the issue, after each injection, I had a severe allergic reaction...atopic dermatitis with severe swelling that required steroids. I originally thought it was an allergy to a ficus tree; however, after plotting the occurances, I realized it was the Restalyne. Could I be allergic to the gram positive bacterial protein? Would Radiesse be an option in skilled hands?

January 11, 2010 at 10:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Westside Medical Spa