Alexander Z. Rivkin M.D. is a Yale trained facial cosmetic surgeon and UCLA faculty member who has focused his practice exclusively on providing his patients with the latest in non-invasive, non-ablative cosmetic treatments in Southern California. He understands that no one relishes the thought of “going under the knife,” and believes modern medical technology can provide today's patients with superior alternatives to invasive, painful surgery that requires a long recovery time.

Friday, June 20, 2008

Restylane Doesn't Last!

Hi,
I am wondering if you can give me your opinion on when you would say that Restylane is just NOT working for you. What I mean is I have had quite a few treatments over a short period of time. I absolutely LOVE the results, but they just don't seem to stay.

So far I have had:
Feb 20th - 1.5 cc's
Feb 27th - 1 cc
May 3rd - 1cc

And...I am scheduled tomorrow (June 13th) for another "touch-up" Shocked I keep getting touch-ups because I was under the understanding that the more you do, the better it will hold, AND, the less amount it should take to achieve the same results. So, am I crazy, and should I just come to the realization that Restylane just DOES NOT work for me Crying or Very sad

Thanks in advance for your opinion!

hi

more is not always better, in fact putting more into the NL folds can make the filler go up above the line, making the line more, not less prominent. however, if you're saying that the results are good, its just that they do not last, then you may be someone who metabolizes restylane too quickly.
if this is the case, you should give juvederm a try.
juvederm is also hyaluronic acid, but its formulated a bit differently and i've had a good amount of patients for whom restylane didn't last very long be very happy with juvederm.
if juvederm also doesn't last very long, then radiesse is the next possibility.
hope that helps

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Westside Medical Spa