Alexander Z. Rivkin M.D. is a Yale trained facial cosmetic surgeon and UCLA faculty member who has focused his practice exclusively on providing his patients with the latest in non-invasive, non-ablative cosmetic treatments in Southern California. He understands that no one relishes the thought of “going under the knife,” and believes modern medical technology can provide today's patients with superior alternatives to invasive, painful surgery that requires a long recovery time.

Friday, November 28, 2008

Is Aquamid OK to Mix With Radiesse For Chin Enhancement?

Hi Dr. Rivkin,

I have had radiesse injections in my chin (as I have a very weak chin, specifically I have had 2 syringes)....
When Acquamid is FDA approved can I use it over my radiesse to get a permanent chin? I am assuming that some of the radiesse would have faded though some of it would still be there. I am worried about waiting for the radiesse to completely fade as I really really need a stronger chin.

So are there any risks in injecting acquamid over radiesse?
Thanks in advance.


hi,
good question.
the company does not recommend combining other fillers with aquamid.
reports from people who use alot of aquamid and, by necessity, have combined it with other fillers have been that it is no problem.
i have not had experience with the product outside the fda trials (where there was no mixing) but i do not see a reason why it would be a problem. companies usually recommend no mixing to avoid liability, but clinically we have not seen this to be an issue.
also, i expect that aquamid will be an excellent tool for facial sculpting and chin augmentation. the reports from abroad all attest to that.
hope that helps

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Dr.,

My wife is currently in Bangkok considering cosmetic surgery (eyes mostly, and around the nose). The Dr there is recommending Aquamid. She is Asian and we live in Santa Monica. Is it a good idea for her to have the surgery there (we know many who have had good success) and what about Aquamid? I've read some horror stories along with the good results.

June 4, 2009 at 4:47 PM

 
Blogger Dr. Alexander Rivkin said...

I have a limited experience with Aquamid as part of the FDA trial. That being said, I think that it is a really nice filler in the right hands. I think that the most important thing your wife has to do is to make sure her surgeon is very experienced injecting Aquamid and to ask for his before and after pictures to prove it. Aquamid will be approved here at the end of next year. Are you guys sure you don't want to just wait until it gets approved here and do a temporary filler in the meantime? I do not think that Aquamid should go under the eyes, by the way. If I were you, I would get the filler parts done here - its not that expensive and the risk is much less.

June 4, 2009 at 5:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Westside Medical Spa