Alexander Z. Rivkin M.D. is a Yale trained facial cosmetic surgeon and UCLA faculty member who has focused his practice exclusively on providing his patients with the latest in non-invasive, non-ablative cosmetic treatments in Southern California. He understands that no one relishes the thought of “going under the knife,” and believes modern medical technology can provide today's patients with superior alternatives to invasive, painful surgery that requires a long recovery time.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Max Fx for Asian Acne Scars Part 2

You have no idea how much your reply has helped me ... thank you VERY much
> for your appreciated opinion. If you may, could you help me with a follow-up
> question?
>
> If I'm using hydroquinone (which I been prescribed) for 6 weeks prior to my
> laser treatment, will this aid me enough where the Max FX could be
> beneficial? Basically, given the risk of hyperpigmentation in my ethnicity
> ... will the preparation of hydroquinone make the use of Max FX a smart or
> decent choice? I do not want to take a huge risk, especially if the results
> (improvement of scars, rolling/boxcar type) may not even be that noticeable.
> It's just I am getting the treatment for a very good price because I have
> offered my photos to public view and if the improvement/risk is worth it ...
> I may take the shot.
>
> Like everyone else, I am looking for the best risk/reward situation and with
> all the lasers out there (Total FX, Ebrium) it's very difficult. My biggest
> fear is of course, worsening of my skin. And I'm not quite clear on how
> "bad" hyperpigmentation can get in a bad-case scenario - perhaps you can
> clarify?
>
> And lastly, do you have experience with Asian ethnicity and their acne
> scars? If you believe you can help me (w/ Total FX or anything you else you
> may recommend) ... I would be willing to drive down south for a
> consultation/treatment. Thank you Doctor, very much.


hi,
i honestly think that it is a mistake for you to do max fx.
some docs like to use hydroquinone beforehand, and some say that it really doesn't make a bit of difference.
i use it, but i don't think its that big of a deal. i do not think that it will reduce your chances of side effects from max fx to an appreciable degree
about half of my acne scar patients are asian - i'm right next to ucla, so we have alot of experience with asian skin.
it would be great if you could have me take a look at you.
to put things in perspective, many dermatologists and plastic surgeons stopped using max fx once the fractionated lasers came out because the risk to benefit ratio was just not worth it.
and they were mostly treating older caucasian patients.
in your case, the risk is significantly higher, so i do not see the point.
and when i say hyperpigmentation, i mean bad. bad to where your skin goes from bad to worse and you wish you hadn't done it.
i would encourage you to come in and we can chat.
cheers,


http://www.westsidemedicalspa.com/activefxlaser.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Westside Medical Spa