Alexander Z. Rivkin M.D. is a Yale trained facial cosmetic surgeon and UCLA faculty member who has focused his practice exclusively on providing his patients with the latest in non-invasive, non-ablative cosmetic treatments in Southern California. He understands that no one relishes the thought of “going under the knife,” and believes modern medical technology can provide today's patients with superior alternatives to invasive, painful surgery that requires a long recovery time.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Total Fx vs Max Fx for Acne Scars

Hello,
>
> I am interested in a second opinion from another professional and you caught my attention. If you may help me with these questions, I'd be greatly appreciated.
>
> My issue: Acne scarring (rolling scars) - I am of Asian ethnicity with light skin.
>
> My goal: To improve the scarring .. my acne is completely under control and breakouts are at a zero. And my regime is duac + tazorac.
>
>
> 1) I have been consulted 3 sessions of Max FX laser spaced 6 weeks apart. Is this ideal for my acne scars?
>
> 2) There is little information about Max FX and most information is Active or Deep FX. May you please clarify the differences and things I need to know like how deep they go, and types of laser they are?
>
> 3) Assuming money isn't an issue, what would you recommend to treat my acne scars?
>
>
> Thank you in advanced. I am worried about wasting money/time and I believe a second opinion from you will help.


hi,
if we both are thinking the same thing when we say max fx, then i think that you are talking about an extremely aggressive regimen, expecially for asian skin. do they mean total fx? max fx you go into the operating room under anesthesia. max fx is essentially the old school co2 laser resurfacing procedure that gives people pigmentation side effects and lots of problems and down time. if they mean total fx, then i still think that the time interval is too short. it is still a very aggressive treatment and you should be waiting at least 4 months between sessions.
second of all, you should not be paying up front for 3 sessions. this is a big time treatment, not a photofacial. they should charge you for one treatment at a time and play it by ear. what if you're happy after one treatment? what if you get alot of downtime and want to switch to something less invasive?
don't get locked in.
total fx is active plus deep in one session.
all that being said, i agree that total fx is the best treatment out there right now for acne scars, assuming that you go to an experienced, careful doctor who also has experience treating asian skin (its very different from caucasian skin).
by the way, you should count on at least a week of downtime.
cheers,

http://www.westsidemedicalspa.com/activefxlaser.html

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I received the max fx laser surgery 4 weeks ago. Please do not be misinformed, this is a very painful and serious procedure. It hurts....mine is still very red and i work from home, there is no way i could stay at a job all day after 4 weeks without washing off my make up, and lubricating my face at least 3-5 times per day..it itches, it hurts and it is painful...i pray it works but do not be misinformed about the price yo are paying...it is not for sissy's.

May 8, 2009 at 8:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Westside Medical Spa