Alexander Z. Rivkin M.D. is a Yale trained facial cosmetic surgeon and UCLA faculty member who has focused his practice exclusively on providing his patients with the latest in non-invasive, non-ablative cosmetic treatments in Southern California. He understands that no one relishes the thought of “going under the knife,” and believes modern medical technology can provide today's patients with superior alternatives to invasive, painful surgery that requires a long recovery time.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Pixel, Thermage and Fat Loss / Necrosis

I'm reading all the 'fat loss' posts on the forum and I'm wondering if there have been reports of fat loss from other types of laser treatments.

I've started pixel laser resurfacing with Alma Laser and I'm due next week for my 2nd treatment. I've seen an improvement, so much so that I may not even get a u/l bleph. The appearance of my eyes is amazing. I've got fine lines under there, but that's nothing compared to the tired/puffy looking eyes I had before. I'll take the fine lines and consider myself very lucky to have come this far.

What may possibly cause fat loss with laser? The settings? The passes?

Which lasers have been reported to cause fat loss?

I did not experience fat loss thus far, can I expect to? Or would I have seen loss by now (4 weeks after 1st treatment)

Would it be prudent for me to request the same settings as I had the first time with each pixel treatment? Would this continue to give results, and lessen my chance of damaging the underlying fat to the point of loss? Does Pixel even cause this damage to underlying fat?

My pixel resurfacing is scheduled 4 weeks apart, is that sufficient?

I would really appreciate any information and insight you can provide. I've asked my PS and he himself has used the pixel, as well as the girls in his office (who are of all ages) and they look fantastic, but I'm a little worried after reading about the unfortunate experiences of some great ladies here. Surely you can understand the hesitation, I hope Smile

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.


hi,
i don't have the pixel, but i do have thermage and that's the original fat necrosis device. don't worry. the fat loss that you're talking about was caused by overly aggressive settings. the protocols have been adted and the machines have been recalibrated so that this kind of thing does not happen. the treatment interval you're on sounds good.
you're fortunate that you're getting such good results. enjoy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Frances Scardino said...

Velasmooth vs. Mesotherapy

Hi Dr. Rivkin,

I am somewhat confused as to which procedure would give me great results.

I have stubborn celluite on my thighs and buttocks and would like to have it eliminated as well, lose a few inches in those areas.

What would you suggest?

Thanks,

Fran

October 9, 2008 at 1:32 PM

 
Blogger Frances Scardino said...

Thermage vs. Sculptra

Hi Dr. Rivkin,

Which would be better to obtain a jowl lift?

Thanks,

Fran

October 9, 2008 at 1:33 PM

 
Blogger Frances Scardino said...

Refirme vs Thermage

Hi Dr. Rivkin,

I would like to have more elasticity to my jowl line, cheeks and neck.

Which would you suggest or is there something even better then the two I listed above?

Thanks,

Fran

October 9, 2008 at 1:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Westside Medical Spa