Alexander Z. Rivkin M.D. is a Yale trained facial cosmetic surgeon and UCLA faculty member who has focused his practice exclusively on providing his patients with the latest in non-invasive, non-ablative cosmetic treatments in Southern California. He understands that no one relishes the thought of “going under the knife,” and believes modern medical technology can provide today's patients with superior alternatives to invasive, painful surgery that requires a long recovery time.

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Botox, SilkPeel, Elos IPL and LED

Hi,

Other than once going to a dermatologist (after a rhinploasty) to have diolite laser to help with some broken capilarries on my nose, I had never gone to a dermatologist. The diolite did work great.

I am 37, with I believe very good skin for my age - just some minor fine lines around my eyes and maybe just very slight rosacea, or was told so by one dermatologist. I do flush pretty easily, am very fair and believe have very thin skin. Without makeup, one can see any veins/broken capillaries easily and ofcourse would be great to not see them, but don't believe I have alot. I am just looking now to maintain my skin best I can & ofcourse anything that help improve is added plus!
I was considering trying just botox and LED -so went to see a dermatologist to discuss these 2.

I don't feel I need to see any drastic results right away and risk adverse(minus fact I got my guts up to do a rhinoplasty - very happy with it, but end of my risk taking I think). The dermatologist recommended the following: First) Elos elight(believe that is IPL with RF?) 2) silkpeel 3)Botox and lastly 4) LED simply to maintain my skin. The dermatologist didn't feel I would be immediately satisfied by just LED and these are all extremely safe. But again, I am not looking for any drastic results nor results right away, and prefer procedures with less risks even if one has to continue with them longer.

I know you haven't seen me - But could you provide me your opinion of elos elight, silkpeel, and LED and any problems/risks you have seen with these?

Thank you in advance....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Westside Medical Spa