Alexander Z. Rivkin M.D. is a Yale trained facial cosmetic surgeon and UCLA faculty member who has focused his practice exclusively on providing his patients with the latest in non-invasive, non-ablative cosmetic treatments in Southern California. He understands that no one relishes the thought of “going under the knife,” and believes modern medical technology can provide today's patients with superior alternatives to invasive, painful surgery that requires a long recovery time.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

IPL Photofacial

Hi DR., I recently had Fotofacial performed for redness of the face and my skin after one treatment is much better. I had a lot of scabing on my face the flaked off in about 2-3 days. Now there is new pink skin where the scabs were. Will this skin lose the pinkness and regain my natural skin tone. There is a few little stripes that you can see and really would like to have all one skin tone. Did the operator of the IPL use it on too high of a setting. I was told I could return to work the next day yet I have taken a few days off from work so it will heal. I was not told that I would have any type of scabs or downtime. Should I have another treatment or is my skin to sensitive to the light? thanks, Mack


hi mack,
good questions.
i think you will be just fine, but be very careful of the sun and keep your skin well moisturized. your skin will re-pigment and look ok and the stripes should disappear. if you do it again, and there is no requirement to do it again, i would consider setting the machine to a bit lower energy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Westside Medical Spa