Alexander Z. Rivkin M.D. is a Yale trained facial cosmetic surgeon and UCLA faculty member who has focused his practice exclusively on providing his patients with the latest in non-invasive, non-ablative cosmetic treatments in Southern California. He understands that no one relishes the thought of “going under the knife,” and believes modern medical technology can provide today's patients with superior alternatives to invasive, painful surgery that requires a long recovery time.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Fraxel or Active Fx for Acne Scars and Stretch Marks

Hi Dr. Rivkin,
I've heard that there are laser treatments available for acne scars and was wondering how effective they usually are.

Also are there any treatments that you know of to help reduce the appearance of birthmarks and or stretchmarks? Thanks!


hi jumby
yes, i think the active fx / deep fx and the fraxel lasers are both quite effective at reducing the appearance of acne scars. the active/deep fx is a better treatment because it is a one time procedure and it is more intense than the fraxel. there's alot of info on both lasers at my website, as well as throughout the net.
the active fx will probably be good for stretch marks, but i am still gathering information. preliminary reports sound very good.
hope that helps

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. Rivkin,

Hello, I had Total-Fx done on my face a month ago. I had done it in order to remove acne scars, and am already impressed with results. I didn't have extreme acne scars, but my physician had treated me as if I did (and I'm thankful for it!). It has been exactly four weeks, but my face is still fairly red in areas where the treatment was done; I look as if I had laid out in the sun without sunblock on, while wearing sunglasses. Supposing the laser was used at the highest setting possible, how much time should it take in order for my skin to return to its normal color (I am a 23 y/o Caucasian male with olive complexion)?

Thank you,

C.L.

September 10, 2008 at 5:01 PM

 
Blogger Dr. Alexander Rivkin said...

hi,
we routinely do photofacials on our active fx patients a month after the treatment to prevent persistent redness. i would suggest that you get that done. it should help.

November 24, 2008 at 10:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Westside Medical Spa