Alexander Z. Rivkin M.D. is a Yale trained facial cosmetic surgeon and UCLA faculty member who has focused his practice exclusively on providing his patients with the latest in non-invasive, non-ablative cosmetic treatments in Southern California. He understands that no one relishes the thought of “going under the knife,” and believes modern medical technology can provide today's patients with superior alternatives to invasive, painful surgery that requires a long recovery time.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Lip Enhancement

I recently had my first lip augmentation with Restylane and I like the results but with my budget I was wondering when I return for another treatment which filler is noted to last the longest ie: Restylane, Radiesse, Juvaderm, etc. I want the most for my hard earned money. I want plumper lips, but not hudge lips that people will know I had my lips done (which I have now, but after 3 weeks I already see them starting to decrease in size).

Also is it normal for my lips to appear larger when I wake up in the morning than when I go to bed at night?

hi,
first off, yes, its normal for your lips to look bigger in the morning - its swelling overnight - that happens. as long as it resolves during the day, i wouldn't worry about it, its going to decrease.
second, i would try juvederm ultra plus in your lips. it should last for about 7 or 8 months or so. never do radiesse in lips - the risk of bumpiness is too great. restylane is good, but in my experience, it lasts about 5 to 6 months. perlane may be another good option that lasts as long as the juvederm ultra plus.
so, those are the only 2 i would consider for you: ultra plus or perlane, and i prefer the ultra plus right now.
in terms of natural looking enhancement, that is something that a good injector will be able to provide you. i rarely use more than 1 cc of product in the lips (and that's for both lips). you can always come back if its not enough to get more. natural appearance is absolutely critical. if the injector doesn't get that, you should find someone else.
cheers,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Westside Medical Spa