Alexander Z. Rivkin M.D. is a Yale trained facial cosmetic surgeon and UCLA faculty member who has focused his practice exclusively on providing his patients with the latest in non-invasive, non-ablative cosmetic treatments in Southern California. He understands that no one relishes the thought of “going under the knife,” and believes modern medical technology can provide today's patients with superior alternatives to invasive, painful surgery that requires a long recovery time.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Botox

I got my last Botox injections 6 months ago. Had the 11's done, forehead, crows feet, above eyebrow. I do not have complete movement back in my those area (can move some) but I want to go get the botox next week because my doctor is running a special for $10 a unit and I have a cruise I am going on in April and I want to look good.
Question.........I would think that because I do not have total movement back that I would not need as much botox but nurse is trying to tell me that I still need just as much because I need to "bank" the botox. Have you ever heard of that? Also, I want the doctor to look at my face as if I am coming for the first time and not rely on what I already had done even though it did work at the time. What do you think?
Jitterbug

hi jitterbug,
6 months is a long time. usually botox lasts for 3 or 4 months, but not too much longer. it may be that you are getting that long term relaxation effect that happens sometimes with botox.
that is good.
when you get botox, you should be getting only as much as you need.
if you're moving less, you should be getting less botox.
period.
i have never heard of this "banking" business.
i agree with your approach completely. that is how i do things as well.
cheers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Westside Medical Spa