Alexander Z. Rivkin M.D. is a Yale trained facial cosmetic surgeon and UCLA faculty member who has focused his practice exclusively on providing his patients with the latest in non-invasive, non-ablative cosmetic treatments in Southern California. He understands that no one relishes the thought of “going under the knife,” and believes modern medical technology can provide today's patients with superior alternatives to invasive, painful surgery that requires a long recovery time.

Friday, March 7, 2008

Treatment Resistant Acne - What To Do?

OK-I am 52 years old and still break out. I have tried everything-laser, dermabrasion,peels,antibiotics, 2 rounds of accutane, topical lotions and potions and every other product known to mankind.
I still have oily acne prone skin. I am at my wits end. Every doc has a different "treatment" and nothing seems to work. I travel quite a bit and break out just from sitting in airplanes. No matter how much I work out, eat right and use good skincare practices, I get zits.
I have drawers filled with retina A prescriptions, topical antibiotics, benz peroxide, etc.
My derm recommended hormones!! Says its all related to testosterone. I am a female and still menstruate.
Any thoughts? What really works? I have spent thousands and just want clear skin.


treatment resistant acne sucks.
i have a good number of people just like you in my practice.
its a matter of trial and error, but i think its really important to hit the acne from several directions.
hormonal treatment is a good idea. birth control pills and spironolactone will help. the other thing to consider is photodynamic therapy - a blue light treatment with a light sensitizing topical treatment. getting the acne under control with extraction facials is also a good idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Westside Medical Spa