Alexander Z. Rivkin M.D. is a Yale trained facial cosmetic surgeon and UCLA faculty member who has focused his practice exclusively on providing his patients with the latest in non-invasive, non-ablative cosmetic treatments in Southern California. He understands that no one relishes the thought of “going under the knife,” and believes modern medical technology can provide today's patients with superior alternatives to invasive, painful surgery that requires a long recovery time.

Friday, February 29, 2008

Polaris, Thermage, Fraxel, Active Fx for Resurfacing and Under Eye Hollows

Hi Dr Rivkin - I have a few questions that I hope you can answer for me.

I am 46 year old female and I have very good skin due to my armenian
heritage, living in Seattle for the past 20 years (although I grew up in California and spent many days on the beach with baby oil on my face) and taking good care of my skin. I am told I look like I'm in my early 30's.

Now for the questions: Two years ago I had a series of 6 polaris treatments on my face and jaw line and two follow ups since then. I am moderately pleased with the results - my skin does look good. But I have also had foto-facials, thermage tip for the under eye and radiesse for my upper cheek area. I am in need of an update polaris - should I consider thermage instead for tightening, fraxel laser (is the downtown really two weeks for fraxel) and I am starting to get some hollowness under my eye area and fine lines - should I try a filler like restalyne or juvederm for under eye area?

Thanks - I'm trying to keep up the anit-aging regime for as long as possible with out under going the knife!!

Laura



hi laura,
don't know much about polaris - i chose thermage for skin tightening. i think that the combination of thermage and fraxel is a good one for rejuvenation and skin tightening.
restylane is good for under eye hollows, but not so much for wrinkles under the eyes. if you have that, i would suggest substituting fraxel for active fx - the skin tightening is better with active fx. it also works under the eyes, unlike fraxel.
i would do the active fx first and then do the filler after. i do not think that polaris or thermage or anything else for that matter, does a good job under the eyes.
hope that helps

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Westside Medical Spa