Alexander Z. Rivkin M.D. is a Yale trained facial cosmetic surgeon and UCLA faculty member who has focused his practice exclusively on providing his patients with the latest in non-invasive, non-ablative cosmetic treatments in Southern California. He understands that no one relishes the thought of “going under the knife,” and believes modern medical technology can provide today's patients with superior alternatives to invasive, painful surgery that requires a long recovery time.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Fraxel and Sculptra for Large Pores and Cheek Indentations

Hi Dr. Rivkin,

I have fairly large indentations on both cheeks and also have large pores due to rosacea and aging. I had IPL years ago for rosacea and it might have contributed to the indentations on my cheeks. I have had restylane injected into these areas and it turned out fairly well up until the last time when one cheek indentation turned blue. It stayed blue for a long time until it was injected with a solution to take the restylane out.
My derm is now saying I should have fraxel done to help with the pores and then have sculptra injected in the indentations. Do these two procedures seem reasonable or would you recommend something else like another type of laser or peel and another type of filler?
I know it's hard to recommend without seeing me but I just don't want to end up worse than I already am. Thank you so much.
Chris

hi chris,
my recommendation would depend on the size of the indentations. if they're large (more than 2 cm or so) then sculptra sounds like a good idea. the collagen stimulation may help in the long term as well as for the duration of the effect of the sculptra. fraxel is also a good choice for the pores. another good choice is active fx. either way you will get improvement.
cheers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Westside Medical Spa