Alexander Z. Rivkin M.D. is a Yale trained facial cosmetic surgeon and UCLA faculty member who has focused his practice exclusively on providing his patients with the latest in non-invasive, non-ablative cosmetic treatments in Southern California. He understands that no one relishes the thought of “going under the knife,” and believes modern medical technology can provide today's patients with superior alternatives to invasive, painful surgery that requires a long recovery time.

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Is laser hair removal painful?

Good Laser Hair Removal Does Not Have to Hurt!
Alexander Rivkin, M.D.Alexander Rivkin, M.D.
Los Angeles Facial plastic surgeon

It is very simply incorrect to say that effective laser hair removal will be painful. Each laser device hurts more or less depending on how it is made, what energy it uses and how that energy is released. Most clinics will claim that their laser is the best one. However, as a consumer, you should get multiple opinions and make up your own mind.

Diode works well, Alexandrite works well, even IPL can work well. But, depending on the machine being used, the experience can be extremely different. I started with an IPL device because it could perform a variety of treatments (laser hair removal, photofacial, vein treatment) moderately well. When my practice expanded and I could afford it, I bought a LightSheer Diode because it was a more effective laser hair removal device. The pain factor was about the same (maybe a bit more with the LightSheer), but the results were certainly better (less treatments to achieve hair clearing). About 6 months ago I sold my LightSheer and bought the Soprano Diode because, as I experienced on myself, it was a close to painless experience. The effectiveness is the same as the LightSheer, but I barely felt it. My clients have echoed my enthusiasm.

I'm not trying to give a sales pitch, just relating my own experience. Ask around, gather your information, but don't accept the simplistic "if it doesn't hurt, it's not working" line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Westside Medical Spa