Alexander Z. Rivkin M.D. is a Yale trained facial cosmetic surgeon and UCLA faculty member who has focused his practice exclusively on providing his patients with the latest in non-invasive, non-ablative cosmetic treatments in Southern California. He understands that no one relishes the thought of “going under the knife,” and believes modern medical technology can provide today's patients with superior alternatives to invasive, painful surgery that requires a long recovery time.

Friday, March 14, 2008

artefill vs bioalcamid for chin enhancement

I will definately take your advice and go for artefill rather than bio-alcamid.
I actually had 2 syringes of radiesse (my apologies, I think I originally said 2 cc's) injected for a non-surgical chin procedure. And the doctor informed me that if I choose to decide on a permanent solution for my chin, that bio-alcamid would be best.
I have quite a weak chin and he injected the radiesse into my jowls as well (to make it appear smoother).

I would like to go permanent though. How long shall I wait before a permanent solution such as artefill? Does the radiesse in my chin have to be completely gone or somewhat gone? For anything permanent, I have always planned a visit to you and this decision has been confirmed by your honest advice. How much (approximately) does the equivalent injection (2 syringes of radiesse) for artefill cost at your clinic?


hi orilia,
you don't to wait until its all gone, but you should wait until you see that it is mostly gone. if you do not, you'll have to make more trips out.
if you come out here, try, if possible, to stay a week. artefill is partly collagen, so after the injection it fades a bit over the following few days. it would be nice to do the injection and then see you a week later for a touch up. if this is impossible, i would ask you to come back in for a follow up visit a month or so after the first visit.
i would start with less than 2 syringes - maybe 1 to 1.5 and then do the rest on the touch up. artefill is $1500 per syringe, but if you're doing a couple, i will charge you less than $3000.
hope that helps,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Westside Medical Spa