Alexander Z. Rivkin M.D. is a Yale trained facial cosmetic surgeon and UCLA faculty member who has focused his practice exclusively on providing his patients with the latest in non-invasive, non-ablative cosmetic treatments in Southern California. He understands that no one relishes the thought of “going under the knife,” and believes modern medical technology can provide today's patients with superior alternatives to invasive, painful surgery that requires a long recovery time.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Under Eye Bags, Wrinkles and Hollows - Juvederm and Active Fx

HELP! I am a 56 year old woman looking to get a non-invasive face treatment especially to tighten the bags under my eyes, but also other some wrinkles around the eyes. With so many options, I am at a loss as to which treatment would give me the best results. I read Thermage is the treatment to go with but will Polaris or Arte the permanent filler be better for my eye problem? I am so confused!!! Is there something else for treating puffy eyes I don't know about? Also, can you give me the average cost and how many treatments would be needed for the procedure of choice?


hi,
well, its tough to tell you without seeing you firsthand.
tightening skin around the eyes is tough. thermage does an ok job, but not great. the only device i have seen that tightens under eye wrinkles well is the Active Fx laser. polaris is the same as thermage. artefill should never go under the eye. the only filler that should go under the eye is juvederm. it is smooth and natural looking and lasts for 1.5 years.
each is one procedure, not multiple. active fx runs about $3000 for the face, including the eyes, and juvederm under the eyes is $600 to $1000.
so, you may need a combination of active fx and juvederm, or you may need surgery if the bags are very prominent.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Dr, Rifkin, it was a pleasure meeting you for a consultation. I will be proceeding with the measures you have outlined for my eyes.

I have two ,ore questions:

1. What type of cream (for my face and eyes) would you recommend?

2. Is Active Fx laser treatment identical to a carbon dioxide laser resurfacing and if not what is the difference?

Thank you!

Toly Novik

September 12, 2008 at 7:18 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. Rivkin
I had Deep FX and Active FX on my face including under my eyes. Now, between my lash lines and the crease under my eyes, I have worse wrinklng, a slight bagging on my right eye and how should I say, thicker skin near my lash line that had somewhat changed the shape of my under eyes and I think has caused this situation. My doctor wants to use Deep FX again to fix this. I am scared that this will make it worse but I do not know what to do. I am so depressed. Any thought would be helpful. Thanks.

November 17, 2008 at 11:14 AM

 
Blogger Dr. Alexander Rivkin said...

ugh!
that is a tough situation.
you want to make sure that enough time has passed to make a judgement - sometimes there is swelling just afterwards that resolves. if it has been several months and you are still having this issue, i would get a few opinions on what to do from docs who are really experienced with the active fx machine. it is hard to tell you without seeing you, but it is possible that another round will help. i am not sure though.
hope that helps

November 17, 2008 at 1:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Westside Medical Spa