Alexander Z. Rivkin M.D. is a Yale trained facial cosmetic surgeon and UCLA faculty member who has focused his practice exclusively on providing his patients with the latest in non-invasive, non-ablative cosmetic treatments in Southern California. He understands that no one relishes the thought of “going under the knife,” and believes modern medical technology can provide today's patients with superior alternatives to invasive, painful surgery that requires a long recovery time.

Friday, January 11, 2008

Sculptra after Chemotherapy

Hi:

My question is about the filler sculptra. I have read that it is good for AIDs patients because it fills in the depressions that are a result of illness. I do not have AIDS but I recently finished up treatment for breast cancer. As a result of the chemo I ended up with a lot of depressions in my face especially in the area of the chin and under the cheek bones. I am a thin person anyway but my face appears to have lost more than the rest of me.

I finished chemo 18 months ago - I had lost a lot of weight but have been putting it back on. I am 48 and I was hoping for a non-surgical "fix" to just fill things out a little. I don't want surgery because I had too much of that but thought that I deserve to do something nice for myself and would like to see if I can get back a little of my pre-cancer face.

Thanks
Jeannie



hi jeannie,
first of all, congratulations on finishing chemo. i know that this was a hell of a process.
in terms of the sculptra, i would want to know if these are separate small depressions or a few large areas of indentation. if it is large areas, then sculptra will be a good choice. it is a very safe product and as long as it is injected by someone with experience and an aesthetic eye, the results are very good. the downsides of sculptra are that it is expensive and you will need to have 2 or 3 separate injection sessions in order to achieve optimal results. results last for a couple of years or so and are very natural appearing.
hope that helps

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Westside Medical Spa