Alexander Z. Rivkin M.D. is a Yale trained facial cosmetic surgeon and UCLA faculty member who has focused his practice exclusively on providing his patients with the latest in non-invasive, non-ablative cosmetic treatments in Southern California. He understands that no one relishes the thought of “going under the knife,” and believes modern medical technology can provide today's patients with superior alternatives to invasive, painful surgery that requires a long recovery time.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Fraxel vs Pixel, plus Lustra and Dermaplaning

Dr. Rivkin,
I have heard about pixel but am wondering how it differs from fraxel. I have hyperpigmentation in splotches on my face from a co2 treatment in early '06. I had 2 fraxel treatments which got rid of it by half. Not sure if I should try to use Lustra for a while to get rid of the rest. It didn't work before the fraxel. I'm concerned with it coming back by using Lustra. I am hopeful I can get some sun without it coming back. What do you recommend?
Also, I have a 3/4" surgical scar in the crows feet line of my eye. The fraxel helped alot, but am wondering if I can do something less expensive to level it off, as it is slightly indented. Do you think dermaplaning is a viable option and can I do it myself? Noone in the area I live does it.
Thanks!!!
Poundpup

hi poundpup,

i do not think that pixel gives you better results than fraxel. fraxel is the more established of the lasers and i think that it will give better results overall.

if lustra didn't work the first time, i am doubtful that it will work now. what about photofacial? if all you're concerned about is hyperpigmentation, perhaps IPL will do it for you. of course, you have to be careful of IPL if you have darker skin.

yeah, i would think about an at home microdermabrasion system for your scar - cheaper and easier way of levelling it off. i don't recommend dermaplaning - the results are very dependent on a good person doing it. the blade is very sharp, so there is some risk of injury. also, if it is indented, you should consider just filling it in with juvederm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Westside Medical Spa