Alexander Z. Rivkin M.D. is a Yale trained facial cosmetic surgeon and UCLA faculty member who has focused his practice exclusively on providing his patients with the latest in non-invasive, non-ablative cosmetic treatments in Southern California. He understands that no one relishes the thought of “going under the knife,” and believes modern medical technology can provide today's patients with superior alternatives to invasive, painful surgery that requires a long recovery time.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Downtime for Active Fx and Tear Troughs

What is the downtime for the CO2 laser. I hear one week. Does that mean I will look like nothing has happened to me in one week? When can I wear make-up? When will I be presentable? When can I return to people I know and not have them ask what I have done?

What is the downtime for restayline in the tear troughs? I have seen photos of nasty bruising. What is your rate of bruising?

I am coming to visit and am so excited. Just need to get my ducks in a row to plan my downtime. Thanks for your help!



hi
1. yeah, downtime is 1 week - the first 4 days are the worst - you have to put on hydrating cream (like vaseline), but after that you look like you've had a bad sunburn. i wouldn't count on looking like nothing has happened in a week. the sunburn look will fade with time, but everyone is different in how fast they recover.
2. make-up after the first 4 days is ok
3. you should be presentable after a week or so.
4. i would give it a week to a week and a half before ging back to your friends.
5. restylane - should be no downtime at all. occasionally i get a small bruise, but that is usually coverable. nasty bruising = poor technique. no swelling, mild redness immediately afterwards.
hope that helps!
see you soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Westside Medical Spa