Alexander Z. Rivkin M.D. is a Yale trained facial cosmetic surgeon and UCLA faculty member who has focused his practice exclusively on providing his patients with the latest in non-invasive, non-ablative cosmetic treatments in Southern California. He understands that no one relishes the thought of “going under the knife,” and believes modern medical technology can provide today's patients with superior alternatives to invasive, painful surgery that requires a long recovery time.

Monday, May 19, 2008

Botox Issues

I HAD MY VERY FIRST BOTOX INJECTIONS AT AGE 45 LAST FRIDAY. I DO NOT KNOW HOW MANY UNITS WERE USED - I THINK ABOUT 3 INJECTIONS TO MY FOREHEAD ( I HAD VERY BAD HORIZONTAL LINES ALL THE WAY ACROSS - NO #11 SIGN AS YOU CALL IT) i ASKED FOR FILLER BUT THE PS SAID IT WOULD NOT WORK. AND SOLD ME ON BOTOX WHICH I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD EVER USE. ALSO 2 INJECTIONS AROUND CROWS FEET AS I RECALL. HE TOLD ME HE THOUGHT HE WOULD USE STANDARD DOSE OF 2CCS?

WITHIN THE DAY- I AM VERY FAIR, MY FOREHEAD WAS COMPLETELY CHANGED - ALMOST ALL LINES GONE., ALTHOUGH IT FEELS STILL VERY TIGHT AND ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO MOVE - THOUGH THERE IS SOME EXPRESSION STILL.

HOWEVER ON DAY 3 I REALLY NOTICED MY EYES LOOKED NOT LIKE MY EYES. MY EYES WERE ALWAYS MY BEST FEATIURE AND I DONT EVEN RECOGNIZE MYSELF. THEY LOOK ELONGATED WITH THE LIDS SEEMING A LITTLE LOWER AS WELL AS THE BROWS, NOT SURE HOW TO DESCRIBE IT- NOT REALLY CAT EYE - BUT I LOOK MEAN ALL THE TIME UNLESS I SMILE - THEN MY EYE LOOKS ALMOST NORMAL.

I AM DUE TO GO BACK FOR MY FOLLOW UP NEXT WEEK. HELP?? I HAVE READ THIS COULD LAST 3 MONTHS OR MORE?? NO ONE EVER TOLD ME MY EYES WOULD LOOK DIFFERENT - ALL I WANTED WAS MY FOREHEAD LINES GONE. IF I COULD HAVE SEEN AN AFTER PICTURE I WOULD NEVER HAVE DONE THIS. I KNOW SOMETHING HAS HAPPEND TOO BECAUSE WHEN I DO MY BROW PENCIL IT SEEMS LIKE WHAT ARCH I HAD IS GONE. WILL MY BROWS LIFT BACK UP ANYTIME SOON> IT SEEMS BOTH FELL A BIT RIGHT OVER THE IRIS. ITS NOT DROOPY LIKE SOME DESCRIBE BUT IT IS NOT MY EYE!

I DID GET AND STILL HAVE SOME HEADACHES ALSO - AND MY FOREHEAD AREA FEELS VERY TIGHT AND HEAVY.

OH HELP!!!! Sad


hi,
it sounds like he put too much botox in your forehead.
the "standard" dose that the company recommends is usually too much for the forehead, but when its the first time and you have prominent lines its hard to tell before you inject.
if he injects more botox around the tail of you eyebrows (about 2 to 4 units per side), he can make the brows come up a bit and help lessen the heaviness.
the effect will last a few weeks at least, but probably not 3 months.
within 4 to 6 weeks you should be alot better.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hi dr.rivkin
i just had a rhinoplasty 2 months ago.. but i noticed that when i smile the right side of my nose goes up more than the left side.. its like the muscle there is stronger or somethig.. i didnt have this b4 the surgeory.. so i was thinking about getting botox there to make my smile looks normal .. what do u suggest "i am 26, female"
thanx
nora

December 10, 2008 at 2:19 PM

 
Blogger Dr. Alexander Rivkin said...

botox is a good idea, but make sure you go to an experienced injector, optimally your plastic surgeon.

March 17, 2009 at 8:38 PM

 
Blogger lillie said...

I have had a red blotch the size of a quarter on the area of the 11 lines. I received botox injections 1 month ago the blotch arrived 2 wks ago.
Any ideas what could be happening?
The Dr. use Bacteriostatic saline could this be an issue? I have not had this reaction with botox treatments prior to this.

Thank you
Nico

June 26, 2009 at 9:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Westside Medical Spa