Alexander Z. Rivkin M.D. is a Yale trained facial cosmetic surgeon and UCLA faculty member who has focused his practice exclusively on providing his patients with the latest in non-invasive, non-ablative cosmetic treatments in Southern California. He understands that no one relishes the thought of “going under the knife,” and believes modern medical technology can provide today's patients with superior alternatives to invasive, painful surgery that requires a long recovery time.

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Sculptra Lumps

Dear Dr. Rivkin,

I had SCULPTRA in my cheeks 4 weeks ago. The swelling went down and I look like before. I was told I would see a difference after the first time but unfortunately I dont:(
I was also told I might need one or even two more sessions but for now I don't know if I should spend a lot of money again while there is no difference at all and my cheeks look so thin:(

p.s. Is it still too early to see a growth difference or am I just out of luck?
Thank you


hi,
it sounds like you were not very well counseled about sculptra.
it is actually a good volumizing agent that works well, but people need to understand how the process goes.
it is a long road.
sculptra is not a filler and that is something that people need to understand. it is a collagen stimulating agent that works to grow your own collagen over time.
you may not see much after the first session, however it is after the second session that you will see a real difference. assuming, of course, that they are using a good ammount of sculptra - at least one full bottle for both cheeks.
There should be a month between the first and second sessions. You may need a third session, depending on the extent of the volume loss.
The benefit is that the effect is very natural looking - it is your own collagen, after all, and it lasts for at least 2 years, in my experience.
hope that helps


http://www.westsidemedicalspa.com/sculptra.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Westside Medical Spa