Alexander Z. Rivkin M.D. is a Yale trained facial cosmetic surgeon and UCLA faculty member who has focused his practice exclusively on providing his patients with the latest in non-invasive, non-ablative cosmetic treatments in Southern California. He understands that no one relishes the thought of “going under the knife,” and believes modern medical technology can provide today's patients with superior alternatives to invasive, painful surgery that requires a long recovery time.

Monday, April 28, 2008

Artefill Nose Job Question

Hi Dr. I am considering have artefill put in the bridge of my nose for a rather large divet from skin cancer. When I went into a facility that used fillers I was told that because the skin on the bridge of my nose was so thin that I COULD have like a irritated reaction to the Artefill and they suggested a possible fat transfer. I obviously would have the allergy test done. If all went well with that, is it still possible I could have some kind of a reaction on the bridge of my nose. Possible redness or broken capillaries or something? Thanks much



hi,
well, it depends on how thin is thin.
i have to doubt that you are in much danger from artefill. i usually inject it very superficially and i have not had any problems. if they take it easy, injecting small amounts over 3 or 4 sessions spaced about a month apart, you should be ok. that's how i do it.
if you get some redness or broken capillaries, they should be able to zap them with a yag laser.


http://www.westsidemedicalspa.com/non_surgical_nose.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Westside Medical Spa