Alexander Z. Rivkin M.D. is a Yale trained facial cosmetic surgeon and UCLA faculty member who has focused his practice exclusively on providing his patients with the latest in non-invasive, non-ablative cosmetic treatments in Southern California. He understands that no one relishes the thought of “going under the knife,” and believes modern medical technology can provide today's patients with superior alternatives to invasive, painful surgery that requires a long recovery time.

Friday, February 15, 2008

Under Eye Wrinkles - Active Fx and Botox

I have wrinkles under my eyes and crow's feet wrinkles on the outside of my eyes. What's the best treatment for these areas?



These are 2 different problems and I would suggest 2 different solutions. Wrinkles under the eyes are usually the result of skin laxity, sun damage and loss of skin elasticity. Crow's feet are caused by creasing of the skin from years of smiling and the motion of the muscles underneath the skin. Sun damage and loss of elasticity are involved as well, but motion is the most important factor here.

With wrinkles under the eyes, I would recommend Active Fx laser (I have absolutely no affiliation with the company - I just investigated lots of lasers and that is the only one that actually worked). In my experience, it is the most effective laser for under the eyes wrinkles. It is gentle enough not to damage the delicate skin, but there is enough energy to tighten the skin and really decrease the wrinkles. Fraxel, IPL and Erbium all do not really work. Chemical peels are not as precise.

In terms of crow's feet, Active Fx will help, but Botox is really the main treatment. It is quick, easy, effective and raises the side of the eyebrow a bit, opening up the eyes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are correct about Fraxel....it is positively not effective for under eye wrinkles or any other wrinkles. I had six treatments and the only thing it did for me was reduce the size of my pores. Other than that, I believe it did more harm than good. It is expensive and worthless. I truly would not recommend it.

August 26, 2009 at 7:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Westside Medical Spa