Alexander Z. Rivkin M.D. is a Yale trained facial cosmetic surgeon and UCLA faculty member who has focused his practice exclusively on providing his patients with the latest in non-invasive, non-ablative cosmetic treatments in Southern California. He understands that no one relishes the thought of “going under the knife,” and believes modern medical technology can provide today's patients with superior alternatives to invasive, painful surgery that requires a long recovery time.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Fraxel and swelling

I hear about bad swelling & pain stories following Fraxel treatments - how do I prevent my face from swelling? I don't drink alcohol or smoke & I walk 4 miles every day & eat lots of fruits & vegetables....
Please advice me, I am beginning to be afraid.
Thank you.

hi,
to minimize swelling after fraxel, there's several things you should be doing. first, you can start taking arnica montana the day of the treatment (i like the sinnech brand). next, after the treatment, be sure to use plenty of good moisturizer and stay out of the sun and use sunscreen. these are products that i provide my clients in a kit and your doctor should be able to recommend good products. swelling should really not be too bad - 3 to 4 days maximum. then you look like you have sunburn for a week. not such a big deal.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

I was wondering what you would suggest for acne scarring. The scarring is mostly on the cheeks. I am considering either the new fraxes repair of subscission with the non ablative fraxel. What do you think would give better results.

April 2, 2008 at 8:03 PM

 
Blogger Dr. Alexander Rivkin said...

hi
i think the new fractional co2 lasers are quite good. i have the active fx, but the repair is also excellent. i think that, for optimal results, both subcision and the co2 laser would be a good idea.

September 10, 2008 at 5:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Westside Medical Spa