Alexander Z. Rivkin M.D. is a Yale trained facial cosmetic surgeon and UCLA faculty member who has focused his practice exclusively on providing his patients with the latest in non-invasive, non-ablative cosmetic treatments in Southern California. He understands that no one relishes the thought of “going under the knife,” and believes modern medical technology can provide today's patients with superior alternatives to invasive, painful surgery that requires a long recovery time.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I think the problem for me is the condition of my skin-(in an odd way, more attention seems to be drawn to my skin now that it has filled out)- something I need to work on improving. I have kind of medium- complected honey toned skin, can you recommend any laser procedures that can be used on medium/dark complected skin? Thanks again, Samia

hi samia,
glad to hear it.
with darker skin, options are more limited, as you know.
active fx would be my first choice for resurfacing, but with your coloration, fraxel may be a safer choice for now.
results with fraxel, though are quite good. make sure that you're going to someone with the sr1500 model - its an upgraded version of the fraxel.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Hi Dr. Rivkin, I was just wondering if you could help me. I have had Juvederm put in under my eyes for dark circles and puffiness. Too much was put in and in the wrong place. I was place too high. I had most of it take out with hylaronidase..but still look like 80 yrs. old. My question is should I get the Juvederm put back in and how long do I wait, and is there any risk if I get another shot of hylaronidase if there is no longer Juvederm there...could it do damage. I am a total mess and wish I could come and see you to correct this situation...I am not comfortable anymore with my dr. and am scared that I will be scared for life...I do think I was pretty before this nightmare...any advice would be greatly appreciated.Lori

February 7, 2008 at 6:40 AM

 
Blogger Dr. Alexander Rivkin said...

hi lori,
sorry - i don't usually check my blog for comments. yeah, i wish you could come see me as well so i could take a look at it. it sounds like you need more enzyme. i do not think that you're exposing yourself to risk by using more hyaluronidase, as long as its not a large dose. you have to find someone who is really experienced at injections to make sure that you get the best possible result.

September 10, 2008 at 5:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Westside Medical Spa