Alexander Z. Rivkin M.D. is a Yale trained facial cosmetic surgeon and UCLA faculty member who has focused his practice exclusively on providing his patients with the latest in non-invasive, non-ablative cosmetic treatments in Southern California. He understands that no one relishes the thought of “going under the knife,” and believes modern medical technology can provide today's patients with superior alternatives to invasive, painful surgery that requires a long recovery time.

Monday, January 7, 2008

Thermage Worries

Hi, I've been reading some negative outcomes about Thermage on the board. Am very upset because I had it done in Sept, 2007--realize I should have researched more before spending almost $3,000.--but was sold on it being safe by a bunch of local Doctors. What is your opinion on this procedure? So far I have not noticed any bad side effects, such as fat loss on the face or denting and sagging. But I feel like I look more bloated rather than firm, and it comes and goes at times--esp. goes after working out. Have I done something terrible and permanently damaging to my face by having this procedure? When do I know if I'll not have any bad side effects? Thanks for any info, comforting or not.

hi,
if you had the modern day version of thermage (in office procedure, no anesthesia) you should have nothing to worry about. the accounts of fat loss and denting are all about the old version of the machine.
the benefits of the technology are subtle. the improvement is not nearly as dramatic as surgery, but for alot of people that's all they need to correct a little mild skin laxity. i find that it works best around the jawline, by the way.
the bloating is strange - i have not heard that be a side effect of thermage.
so, all in all, don't worry - you have not done anything terrible.
hope that helps

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Westside Medical Spa