Alexander Z. Rivkin M.D. is a Yale trained facial cosmetic surgeon and UCLA faculty member who has focused his practice exclusively on providing his patients with the latest in non-invasive, non-ablative cosmetic treatments in Southern California. He understands that no one relishes the thought of “going under the knife,” and believes modern medical technology can provide today's patients with superior alternatives to invasive, painful surgery that requires a long recovery time.

Monday, October 6, 2008

Non Surgical Nose Job

I have a schnoz issue that I want fixed...but I don't want surgery because I hate being put under. It really freaks me out. I am thinking about having a non surgical nose job, but I am wondering what type of dermal filler is normally used for this. Do most doctors use the same fillers or does it vary? What are the options?
Thanks much!


Hi,

Well, your options will depend on your schnoz issue.

Radiesse is the filler that usually works the best in most areas. It lasts for 10 to 12 months, there's no allergic reactions, minimal bruising or swelling and it looks quite natural. All this applies only if, of course, the procedure is done correctly by an experienced doctor. Radiesse cannot be reversed, but I usually do the procedure over 2 sessions, spaced 2 weeks apart. This way I avoid the risk of over filling and I have very rarely had dissatisfied patients (maybe 3 or 4 out of more than 600).

When I teach this procedure, I recommend that doctors learning it should start with Restylane or Juvederm. These are hyaluronic acid fillers that can be reversed easily, so if the result is unsatisfactory, it can be easily reversed. The doctors can then proceed to Radiesse once they feel comfortable with the technique. Restylane or Juvederm are good for minor adjustments of contour - they will not work for lifting a nasal tip or giving a significant amount of extra height to the nansal bridge. These fillers last about 6 months or so.

Another option is Artefill. This is a permanent filler and should only be used by doctors who are expert in the procedure on patients who have tried out the temporary version and know that they like the effect. Artefill cannot be removed, so watch out!

Hope that helps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Westside Medical Spa