Alexander Z. Rivkin M.D. is a Yale trained facial cosmetic surgeon and UCLA faculty member who has focused his practice exclusively on providing his patients with the latest in non-invasive, non-ablative cosmetic treatments in Southern California. He understands that no one relishes the thought of “going under the knife,” and believes modern medical technology can provide today's patients with superior alternatives to invasive, painful surgery that requires a long recovery time.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Filler Mania - 7/1/2007

I am doing a new procedure for facial rejuvenation that is working out very well. I'm using Radiesse for cheek augmentation, but I am filling the front part of the cheek, just underneath the eyes. I have found that this is the area of the face that usually starts dropping first.

People get heavy nasolabial folds because the front part of their cheek drops down, and accentuates the depression of the nasolabial folds. The patients that I am seeing are coming in to augment their nasolabial folds, but I direct their attention to the flatness of their anterior cheek. Once we fill that out, the effect is a kind of resuspension of their face. The focus of their face shifts back up to their eyes and away from the nasolabial folds. The folds themselves become less prominent.

The best thing about this technique is that I never puncture the skin! The injection goes through the mouth, so there is no bruising and minimal swelling. It sounds painful, but is really not, since I numb the area beforehand with a dental injection. I like this because it takes 5 minutes, leaves no bruises and the difference is dramatic without looking fake or "done."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Westside Medical Spa